Promote Your Salon
Cosmetic Beauty Salon SEO & Marketing
Introduction to SEO for Cosmetic Beauty Salons in Melbourne
This basic guide will introduce you to the first few things you can do you yourself on your website to rank you website higher on Google.
We will cover:
- Basics introduction to SEO for Beauty Salons.
- Keyword targeting in your niche. What words are people entering into Google to find your service.
- On-page changes. Things that can easily be change on your website to help Google know what your website is about.
- Off-page. Things outside of your website that help rankings.
Before we start...
Its important to understand that it's ok to be confused.
There are things you're about to read that will not make sense and that's absolutely fine!
Its ok to not know a thing about SEO or Marketing. Your job is to run a business remember? You're job is to run a beauty salon, not an SEO specialist. That's our job remember?
Everything you're about to read can be outsourced. From a little to all of it, that's our job remember?
In the last few years, Cosmetic Beauty Salon websites have started to take seriously the substantial audience available online. Mainly the Google search audience.
Provided the excellent return on investment, a first-page position in Google can give you, many Salons are searching for ways to stay ahead of the competition.
But what is SEO? Let take a look at this quick 3 minute video...
These brief Beauty salon SEO and Web Marketing Strategies are designed to give your Cosmetic Salon website a boost in search engines and improve the level of engagement from people who come to your site looking for the purchase your services.
Below I have reviewed some specific web marketing strategies from a professional SEO point of view. These are the kinds of rank boosting strategies you can begin to apply to your search engine optimisation plan today.
While I have focused on a Cosmetic Beauty Salon, they can be added to any small business web design.
On Page SEO for Beauty Salon - Some Initial Planning Questions
The better you know your Salon client, the easier it will be to find them online and the simpler it will be to speak their language. Here are some key questions. Grab a pen and some paper and write down your answers.
- Who are your Cosmetic Salon target audience?
- What are their interests?
- Where are they located?
- How can you reach them?
I live in an area with only 9,000 people. Most are in their mid fifties. If you run a salon in that kind of neighborhood it is going to mean a different clientele to those you might service in an inner city street.
It is going to impact where you are likely to find them online and what their interests are too.
Whatever your target audience, you absolutely must have an optimized Google Local Page and it must be optimized for SEO and updated regularly.
Web Design & Speed for Beauty Salon
Choosing a great small business web design theme is a very important part of your marketing and SEO strategy for your beauty salon. One of the major ranking factors by Google is how your website looks feels and how quickly it loads. If you're looking to improve search results and boost your position, consider the following:
- Make sure your website is hosted locally, in the same country even in the same city.
- Use wordpress as your main content management system. There are others but wordpress is by far the best for SEO.
- Ensure it is well coded and fast. Speed plays a big role in Google's ranking algorithm.
Creating & Writing Content for your Cosmetic Salon
They say content is king. Content is everything on your website that Google judges you by, but more importantly so do clients. Google favors high quality and original content, so do your prospective clients and customers.
Here are some things you're going to want to pay attention to:
- You'll require to research all the keywords that relate the niche. We will provide a list below of all the keywords relating to cosmetic eyebrow tattoos, cosmetic salon and beauty salon.
- Based on the keywords you'll want to create a content marketing plan. This is pretty much a brainstorm of ideas to determine what content you will need written. They say that you require 8 articles 1000 words each for Google to begin associating your website with those keywords. In other words if you want your website to rank for eyebrow tattoo melbourne, you'll have to come up with a lot of valuable content on those keywords.
- Images, audio and video. Google values highly engaging visuals and audio, especially from Youtube. Whilst you will be able to source stock images from anywhere on the internet its best to personalize your website with your own photos and videos. Creating a Youtube channel will play a major role in your rankings since Google owns Youtube.
- Content hubs, internal and external linking strategies. It's not as confusing as it sounds. Basically, the more places on the internet that link to you from similar niche websites, the more you rank. The same thing applies inside your website. Once your content pages link to your home page, it passes what we like to call "SEO JUICE" to the home page. This ranks it further. Here is a basic diagram explaining internal page linking.
Think of all the possible ways you can add value to your website. Utilizing rich images, info-graphics and videos that show case your services and your expertise. The more content you have on the targeted keywords the more Google starts to recognize you as an authority on the topic and the more value you bring to visitors. The best way to do this is to:
- Create profiles on video and image sharing websites like Youtube, Pinterest, Vimeo and Snapchat.
- Create how-to videos on the services you offer. So for example a great start would be a walk-through cosmetic tattoo guide or simply record one of your eyebrow tattoo procedures. Content is king, document your work and use it as content.
- Upload constant footage and content to build online brand and presence. You never know who's screen your content may end up on and who might share it.
- Before and after footage is great. This can be shared across all social platforms.
Remember, its ok to be confused. You can outsource everything.
All of these should be interlinked and included in each article, content and update you post. Having a variety of these all in one set of content is great for SEO as it sends signals to Google based on the main content keywords like "eyebrow tattoo Melbourne"
Off Page SEO and Marketing Strategies for Cosmetic Beauty Salon
These are things done externally to your website to increase traffic and online growth. What else can be done to drive traffic and brand awareness. Who else in the business world works with your clients in your area?
- Hair Salons
- Nail Salon
- Local Restaurants
Think of ways you can team up with these business to cross promote your Cosmetic Beauty Salon. Surely you've seen "use this code for 5%" discount promotion here and there.
Swap offers between businesses. Give out a free session to a business owner in exchange for them promoting and recommending your business. Put out some press releases that provide another business with some free advertising in exchange for sending clients your way. You could even provide an article for them to host on their website about your business. Make sure the content has a link back to your website which will add SEO juice and boost your rank.
This leads us into the next idea.
Contribute to Yourself by Contributing to Others
Confused right? Google uses backlinks as as sign of how popular websites are. Backinks are links to your website from other sites and Google uses them as an indicator of how valuable your Cosmetic Beauty Salon website is. The more links that point at your website there more popular Google thinks you are. Whats also important to note is the quality of these links and also the context. For example if a personal training website recieves a link from your Cosmetic Beauty Salon website it won't give much value. A personal trainer would love a link from a website like bodybuilding.com. A Cosmetic Beauty Salon would prefer links from sites of similar nature, fashion and beauty bloggers.
There are plenty of websites on the internet you can contribute your work to in order to draw attention to your business, boost traffic, receive a backlink and increase your position with Google.
- Pintrest is great to post visual guides and info graphics.
- Youtube is great for videos obviously. Great for how-to videos, commentary videos and literally any kind of content based on your niche.
- Medium is a very popular free blogger website where anyone can post an article.
- LinkedIn is great to post in specific targeted groups.
Each of these websites are what we call "high authority" website which can provide a very juicy link and drive traffic to your Cosmetic Beauty Salon website. There are literally thousands of places on the internet where you're able to contribute content and receive a backlink.
We will provide a full list in the near future. Forums, blogs and other sites that either deal with your subject (cosmetic, tattoo, eyebrows and beauty) or deal with similar clients like yours (wedding planners, photographers, hair salons) and offer to contribute on their website with an image, video, anything at all that is of relevant benefit to both you and them.
Tackling Social Media with Strategy
There are plenty of options when it comes to social media. The key is to get the word out and start following through with social media. People love images, short video and how-to content so find a way to contribute to your cosmetic beauty industry.
People want to know all about cosmetic tattoos, how they're performed, how long they last. From info-graphics to walk through videos you've got plenty of options when it comes to brainstorming content ideas.
People want to know how to solve their eyebrow problems, a cosmetic eyebrow tattoo might be just the right trick and the bigger your social media presence the more likely you'll get noticed and secure a booking. People want to know whats hot in the beauty industry and you're the professional, they are literally looking to you for advice. They just don't know you exist.
Consider how you could use your personality and brand of your Cosmetic Beauty Salon to increase online growth with things like:
All of which allow for pay-per-click (PPC) advertising to reach targeted clients. All of which will spread a well written, informative and engaging content. Great content also keeps people on your website which also contributes greatly to your Cosmetic Beauty Salon's SEO rank in Google. Time on site and traffic are indicators that tell Google your website is worth ranking on the first page. The hard part is deciding what kind of content to tackle first but people are likely to respond to things like:
- Humour (Eyebrow Tattoo Accidents)
- Celebrity culture, (celebrities making mistakes with their eyebrows and cosmetics.
- Simple at home cosmetic care, home remedies and DIY procedures.
- Reviews of the various products in the cosmetic industry and services offered by competitors.
Cosmetic Beauty Salon SEO & Marketing Summary
- Know your clients, understand them and be aware of their needs.
- Create content hubs, blogs and places to share great content relevant to the cosmetic beauty niche.
- Know your keywords (eyebrow tattoo Melbourne, cosmetic tattoo Melbourne) that clients are typing in to find you.
- Create quality content to keep clients on your website by giving them value.
- Network and form relationships and partnerships with other businesses that deal with your clients.
- Lay down a social media strategy plan for your beauty salon in Melbourne.